Renderer not found on PS4 4th Jan 2018

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sharaak

Re: Renderer not found on PS4 4th Jan 2018

Post by Sharaak »

So I removed the other port forwards except for TS3 and Gameranger as I dont think they would stop anything but no change I restarted both my PC and PS4.

I then decided to run a Network Diagnostic using the most amazing windows 10 troubleshooter ever designed.......anyway it came back with an error (Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings). What is the bet that has got to do something with it....I will dig further and see what I find thank you with your help so far though guys and gals much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Andrew.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Only portforwarding of the ports used by UMS is relevant for UMS. You can port forward any other ports than 5001, 9001 and 1900 without conflict.

I don't think the proxy message you got from the "network diagnostic wizard" has any relevance. In fact, those are mostly useless and usually are only concerned with getting internet connection to Microsoft's services. As you already have an internet connection, there's nothing there.

The fact that you can see the wireless devices but not the wired indicates to me that there is something strange in your router configuration. I'm not sure what it is though.
Sharaak

Post by Sharaak »

Nad I reckon your bang on I think what ill do is do a hard reset of my Router and start from scratch see if that sorts it. I will let you know what happens after I have completed it.
Sharaak

Post by Sharaak »

That did it I can now see my PS4. Just out of interest would seperating 5g and 2g bands make a difference....Other than that it would have just removed my 2 other port forwards which was 16000 and 9987 I dont think I changed anything else.

Hope this might help someone with my situation anyhow.

Many thanks to the people that helped :)
Andrew.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Good to hear :D

I can't really think that the wireless bands can have any impact on this. I don't know what was the problem after you removed to port forwards, it might have been that a simple restart of the router would have helped.