[Solved] Video is zoomed in a little

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DeFlanko

Re: Video is zoomed in a little

Post by DeFlanko »

Yes i have a PS3, no i do not have the same issue, no i cannot recreate the issue, yes sometimes setting the default language in UMS causes issues.
i just don't know if that is an associated issue.

lets double check the settings on your PS3 or even TV, Nothing is set to Stretch or pan/scan?
AuthenticM

Post by AuthenticM »

DeFlanko wrote:lets double check the settings on your PS3 or even TV, Nothing is set to Stretch or pan/scan?
Well christ. I have found the problem. It was my TV afterall. But here's the deal. I've had this TV for three years. So far, everytime I wanted to mess with the image settings, I had to press the "options" button on the remote and go into "image settings". There, I could mess around with colors, game mode and other such things.

However ! I have just now discovered that there is another series of settings, called "screen settings", which are only accessible through the TV's XMB. In those settings, there was a parameter called "display zone", which was set to "normal". The other two values were "-1" and "+1". "-1" zoomed in the image even further, while "+1" magically zoomed out a little bit and displayed the entire image, as can be seen on my computer !

Wow. I did this while playing a movie on my PS3; when I quit the movie and got back to the console's XMB, I meddled with the values again and confirmed that I was missing parts of the image on there as well. This means that, for the past three years, I have been playing games and watching shit on this TV with part of the image cut off. WOW. I cannot fucking believe this. Now that I think about it, whenever a game would ask me to resize the image to fit my TV properly, I always had to zoom it out a little bit. I never paid any attention to it. It's weird though, how the "normal" value was displaying a zoomed-in image that had to be offset with the "+1" value.

MAN. I am sure glad this is over. Thank you for helping out, good sir. I would have never found it if I hadn't come here.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

No worries sir! im glad we found the root cause of the issue!