RTSP stream cant play

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
John15

RTSP stream cant play

Post by John15 »

Hello

I have IP camera and when I put rtsp stream to vlc so work, but when I put this stream to WEB.conf and show on web interface so not work.

Code: Select all

videostream.Web,Webcams=IPcamera,rtsp://username:[email protected]:554/onvif1
universal.jpg
universal.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
How to play this rtsp stream?
Nadahar

Re: RTSP stream cant play

Post by Nadahar »

The web interface only supports a few formats. Have you tried playing it on a renderer?
John15

Post by John15 »

What do you mean renderer?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

A renderer is a UPnP AV or DLNA device or application, which is what UMS is meant to serve. This is typically smart TVs, blu-ray player, game console etc.: https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-dlna-1847363

If you just want to make your camera stream available on a web page, UMS isn't the correct software.
John15

Post by John15 »

Do you know what is the best solution to stream more IP and webcamera to web page?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

No, sorry, but there are software solutions made just for that. Take a look here for example, and try them out: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best- ... e-software

Please notice that not all "Open Source" software is free. iSpy for example looks like a typical freemium solution, where they offer you basic services for free but then want to charge you for the things you really need. Freemium often ends up being more expensive than just buying something in the first place, so I'd steer clear of those.
John15

Post by John15 »

Thank you for response