New PC, but UMS can't find my PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gaston62

New PC, but UMS can't find my PS3

Post by Gaston62 »

Hello !

I changed PC today. Before, i was still usinf WinXP on my old machine, and UMS 6.7.4 was working like a charm, linking my PC to my PS3, allowing mr to watch movies.

Today, I buy new PC, and of course OS changed : now, I am on Windows 10, system type 64-bit x64-based processor. Proc is Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz with 8.00 Go RAM.

But, I do not why, UMS does not "find" my PS3 anymore... can anyone help me ? I do not know what to do...

Thanks in advance.
Nadahar

Re: New PC, but UMS can't find my PS3

Post by Nadahar »

If you look at this forum there are a lot of threads about similar problems, and in 99% of cases it's because of the Windows firewall or an invalid network configuration. Take a look at some of the other threads for solutions, but start by testing with the Windows firewall turned off.
Gaston62

Post by Gaston62 »

Thanks for answer : that was the firewall.

I have tried to look in the search function... but when I asked for "windows", there was this answer : "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words" and no results... this is wha I made this topic.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Yes, I know that forum searches often have terrible restrictions and that people that say "search the forum" really should try themselves before they say so ;) I usually use "site:" with Google to search forums without this limitation. Try this for example.
Gaston62

Post by Gaston62 »

Interesting ! Thanks !