Sound strident / shrill since last update Playstation 3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dryksten

Sound strident / shrill since last update Playstation 3

Post by dryksten »

Hi everyone,

I have problem with my sound last december 2017 (since last update with my Playstation 3 ultra slim).

I have movie in mkv, H264 or H265, and more recently movies on my computer, I have not problem with video but just the sound. He's very strident, and I do not understand where's the problem is :cry:

For some movies, the sound in AC3 or DTS.

You have some ideas please ?
Gaston62

Re: Sound strident / shrill since last update Playstation 3

Post by Gaston62 »

Hi all !

I add my problem to this topic, as it is very much the same !

Movies in MKV with DTS or sometimes AC3 sound also come out with a strident sound, extremely ear-breaking.

My configuration :

-UMS last version,
-PS3 (not the slim one, a normal one) regularly updated,
-PC with Windows10, regularly updated.

I wanted to see if the problem is the PC, so I have tried looking these movies with VLC player, no problem. Movies play normally on it.

Also, PS3 plays normal DVDs or BlueRays with DTS without any problem.

Any solution ? Because actually, the only solution I have found is to convert the movies with Freemake Video Converter, losing some contents (can keep only 1 sound track, only 1 subtitles category) in MKV, keeping the more close definitions about sound (in AC3) and image.

Thanks in advance !
Gaston62

Re: Sound strident / shrill since last update Playstation 3

Post by Gaston62 »

As there seems to be no solution to this problem, I tried something : I re-installed the old PS3 Media Server v 1.90.1, and it works perfectly and it is an easier solution than rather convert the files !