[Solved] UMS Can't see PS3 or Chromecast, Driving me crazy!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
michaelmf

[Solved] UMS Can't see PS3 or Chromecast, Driving me crazy!

Post by michaelmf »

Here's a head scratcher, and I've looked everywhere and tried several suggestions and nothing. Here's the issue: UMS can't see my PS3 or my Chromecast. It CAN see the Smart TV. My wife's laptop can see all the devices. I've tried making the PS3 use wireless (I usually have it wired). I've done clean re-installs of UMS. I've checked the router to make sure UpNP is on. The PS3 can be seen as a unknown device in the Network control panel's Media Streaming Options, but it's the only place it can be sort of seen. And I've set it to allow streaming. Why can it see the SmartTV (which is crap and I hate streaming anything to it) but nothing else?

I'm going nuts. It used to work on this computer. I've used UMS for years. The PC was damaged in a move but I repaired it.

Some other info. I'm running Windows 10. My firewall is off.

Help? Please. Before I go mad.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(39.21 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Nadahar

Re: UMS Can't see PS3 or Chromecast, Driving me crazy!

Post by Nadahar »

You haven't followed the instructions properly, the log file isn't a TRACE log so the relevant information is missing. That said, I see something in the log that gives a hint of what's probably causing the problem:

Code: Select all

INFO  2018-01-17 18:58:22.745 [main] Using address /192.168.95.1 found on network interface: name:eth1 (VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8)
UMS is using a Virtual NIC, which probably isn't what you want. You can select which NIC to use on the "General Configuration" tab (Force networking interface). Try to set that to the NIC you want to use and restart UMS. If that doesn't help, generate a new log using trace mode.
michaelmf

Re: UMS Can't see PS3 or Chromecast, Driving me crazy!

Post by michaelmf »

Thanks, that didn't work right away until I disabled VMware Network Adapter VMnet1 and VMware Network Adapter VMnet8 in the Network Connections.

Whew!