How to serve iso file itself without title extraction?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Jeymz

How to serve iso file itself without title extraction?

Post by Jeymz »

Hello friends,

I have XBMC and UMS on the same machine. In XBMC I can play .ISO-files or VIDEO_TS folders directly (including DVD menu) when using the file browser, but when I access the same .ISO-file via UPNP, UMS parses it and streams the first playable title via mencoder.

I tried putting "iso" into the field "Skip transcoding for the following extensions" and in XBMC's renderer config file, but to no avail. Even if it worked I still couldn't do this for VIDEO_TS folders.

I would like the .iso files and VIDEO_TS folders to appear in the #Transcode# folder where I would select "No transcoding", so that XBMC could show the DVD's menu.

In case you wonder I'm planning to buy a streaming client and using XBMC on it. I know I could use a samba share instead but I like the options that UMS gives me.

So my question is: Is there a way that I missed to stream the raw image file or even the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, look at this as a feature request. :)

Greetings,
Jeymz