Denon AVR-3312, (Not Authorized)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Andy1965

Denon AVR-3312, (Not Authorized)

Post by Andy1965 »

Hello,

my Denon AVR-3312 shows ... (Not Authorized) if i want to access UMS.

I tested diffrent versions of UMS (final and rc) but i get always the same error.

Debug Log is in the Attachment.

Thanks for help
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 418 times
Scott817

Re: Denon AVR-3312, (Not Authorized)

Post by Scott817 »

Try to disable your firewall and see if you get the same error.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I see two issues in your log. One is that you have assigned two IP addresses on the same subnet on the same interface (Gigabit-Netzwerkverbindung Intel(R) 82574L): 192.168.77.5 and 192.168.77.6. I can't say for sure that this is a problem, but it's a strange configuration and may be causing some problems with multicast. You OS is also unusual, but it should work regardless. Just make sure that there's no firewall that blocks communication between UMS and the Denon.

The other issue is at the UPnP level. It's not quite clear to me what happens, but it seems that the Denon tries to check if it's authorized as a Microsoft DRM device, and since UMS doesn't support this UMS only gives an empty reply. This DRM isn't a part of UPnP AV or DLNA, and isn't necessary for playback of media (unless you want to play media protected with said DRM). It seems reasonable that the Denon interprets the empty reply as a rejection, the question is why the Denon thinks UMS supports this in the first place. There are some "hacks" to make Microsoft devices like Xbox work with UMS, and I suspect that these can be the reason for the misunderstanding.
Andy1965

Post by Andy1965 »

Hello an thanks for your hints,

@Scott817

This was the first i try :-D

@Nadahar

I use 2 IP´s for using services that are sharing the same ports, z.B. 2 diffrent services on port 80 etc.
ok, but now the scary one:
my denon accept my UMS server without any changes a view houres after i post my problem ... so far so good.

now my failure:
to check the possibility of multiple server ip problem, i remove the second ip and restart my server ... very bad.

now i have the same problem ... my UMS is no authorized ;-)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Check what IP or interface UMS is configured to use. By default it's automatic, but that might not work in your setup. Try to "force" UMS to use a certain IP or interface, but never specify both interface and IP.

In some cases switches/routers bugs when these things are changed, so try to restart your switch or router.