error accessing to shared file

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ums_user7721

error accessing to shared file

Post by ums_user7721 »

Hi everyone,
here's my issue: yesterday UMS worked fine, but today no :(
I have a PC with Windows 10 x64 + router wifi + powerline extender kit. One box of the kit is connected to the router, the second box is connected to a LG-HTS system, which is connected to a LG TV. I have also a Chromecast connected to the TV. I've just followed the "problem reporting guidelines" and here you find my ZIP logs as attached.

Using the LG-HTS, I tried to browse to see the files list shared on my network, but I got a "waiting icon" visualization... without end.
UMS on my PC gives me an "ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to LG-HTS: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received."
I really don't understand the reason of this behavior, because yesterday everything went well... I'm going crazy!!
Could you please help me?
Thanks a lot in advance
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(47.01 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Nadahar

Re: error accessing to shared file

Post by Nadahar »

The GetPositionInfo error is harmless, it's simply a result of UMS trying to communicate with the LG-HTS after is has been disconnected from the network/turned off. You can see in the log that it disconnects shortly before that error. The question is why it disconnects. Up to the disconnection everything seems to be working as it should, the LG-HTS is make browse requests.

What I see it that there's no renderer configuration for this device. UMS comes with renderer configurations for many devices, but there are many that isn't covered as well, especially newer models. There is a lot of information to be found on this forum about how to create a renderer configuration, and if you're lucky somebody has already posted a working configuration for the LG-HTS.

The fact that there's no renderer configuration means that UMS doesn't know the capabilities of your renderer, and will use some default values that's often incorrect. This might be the reason for your problem, although I'd expect that browsing would work with the defaults even though playback might not.
ums_user7721

Post by ums_user7721 »

Dear Nadahar, thanks for your contribution!
Let me try to answer to you:
"that there's no renderer configuration for this device": this may be right
"there are many that isn't covered as well, especially newer models": my TV / HTS aren't newer mdels: the TV is a LG 50PA5500 (bought in 2012), the HTS is a LG BH6220S (same year).

By the way, I don't understand the reason of good working (just for few days) followed by the problems that I've previously described. This is the real question :roll:

Now, I've reached the aim using Nero Media Home, but I'd like to use UMS... I tried to browse the forum and didn't found a right configuration for my devices: could you link here a post showing how to create a new renderer configuration? I could create a new one useful also for other people.

Thank you again!
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello @ums_user7721

https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... -support-1
You could read that and use a recent LG-BDP renderer configuration as a base work.
You could also try to force a LG-BDP renderer and see if that fit your need, but you will have to disable the other LG renderers (mostly this terrible LA6200)

Many reasons to that. Maybe it was using UMS default and now it use LG LA6200. Some change into your configuration as setting manually "LG-HTS" as renderer name could be suffisant to make this changes in UMS, or renderer's firmware update, or UMS automatic update, or...