Can't disable subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Reiko_LJ

Can't disable subtitles

Post by Reiko_LJ »

This has been an ongoing issue for me and I've tried many combinations of things to fix it. Including all mentioned in this thread.
Despite all this no matter what I put in the fields on 'subtitles settings' and checking 'disable subtitles' they still persist when streaming to my smart TVs.
This always happens when using files with optional subtitle tracks so there are no external files I can remove. Also neither TV recognises that subtitles are running so I can't turn them off at their end either. At my wits end now so really hoping that I'm missing something. The actions I completed to make the log file was just playing a file on the TV and observing that the subtitles were still on. All help appreciated! Thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(60.64 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
WarlockWeary

Re: Can't disable subtitles

Post by WarlockWeary »

Reiko_LJ

Post by Reiko_LJ »

Yes I did. That was the final suggestion in the linked thread. Other suggestions have said that it's the TV doing it but it isn't since both TVs have subtitles set to 'off' as well.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Do you have the "#--TRANSCODE--# folder enabled?
Does any of the options in there play without subtitles?
Reiko_LJ

Post by Reiko_LJ »

Just tried it. Two of the options play without subtitles but unfortunately about a second in they both stutter and the audio goes out of sync.
WarlockWeary

Post by WarlockWeary »

Did you UNCHECK ..

" Force external subtitles ? "
Reiko_LJ

Post by Reiko_LJ »

WarlockWeary wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 am Did you UNCHECK ..

" Force external subtitles ? "
Yes I've tried all the advice mentioned in the thread I linked in my original post. This was one of them.
Link

Also as I said, there are no external subtitle files with these videos.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

The problem is in your TV. When the video has internal subtitles in it then this is not the UMS responsibility whether they will be shown or not in case that the video is not transcoded but streamed. UMS simple streams the video as it is to the TV and it is the TV responsibility to show subtitles or not. To disable subtitles in the UMS does not have any influence.