Since 7.0.0, folders are not hidden anymore

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wurstpistole

Since 7.0.0, folders are not hidden anymore

Post by wurstpistole »

Hi,
so since updating to 7.0.0 (and also 7.0.1), all the "hide XYZ" options are not working anymore. I for example have hide media collection, hide transcode folder, hide new files, hide last played checked and they all show. They didn't on 6.8.0 however.
Anything I missed here? Shouldn't I just check those boxes, restart and the stuff is hidden?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Since 7.0.0, folders are not hidden anymore

Post by SubJunk »

They should have all been renamed to "show" instead of "hide". What language are you using?
boss

Post by boss »

In V7 (UMS.conf) some of the commands have been changed.
Prior to V7 they were hide = true. Now they are show = false.
So to hide the transcode folder try changing:
hide_transcode_folder = true
To
show_transcode_folder = false
Also in V7
hide_media_library_folder = true
Becomes
show_media_library_folder = false
etc, etc
wurstpistole

Post by wurstpistole »

SubJunk wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:50 pm They should have all been renamed to "show" instead of "hide". What language are you using?
Well then that is the explanation. I have the german files and the translation probably was not adjusted.
I will just uncheck the boxes then and try if it works.

(edit) it does. So translation wasn't updated, thus resulting in the checkboxes work in the exact opposite of what they are saying. Hiding works now. Still have one problem left, but that needs a new thread.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The reason the translation isn't (and probably won't be in many languages) updated is because the other developers refuse to listen to me when I say that you can't update a string in a way that gives it a new meaning. The probability that the translators will detect this among hundreds of strings is minimal. If instead a new string had been created and the old one deleted, this would have never happened.

I've said this so many times internally that I simply don't bother to repeat myself anymore. You should just know that this isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon for most languages.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

This will be fixed in the next version (7.1.0)