"check network connection" randomly appearing and playback stopping

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wurstpistole

"check network connection" randomly appearing and playback stopping

Post by wurstpistole »

Hi,
I have one last problem with ums that needs solving. Absolutely randomly playback will stop with check network connection. Sometimes after five minutes, sometimes after 90 minutes, sometimes not at all. totally random and not file dependent. I can play one file and it crashes after five minutes, play it again and it will play through the whole file without a problem.

Debug file says [HTTPv2 Request Worker 3] net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2 Connection error: java.io.IOException: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen (active connection closed by remote host) and then
ERROR Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [TV] Samsung 7 Series (49): Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Connection error or no response received.

I suspect this could be a modem/router/firewall issue. Is there any ports or tweaks I can do to my network to make ums run more stable?
Java is allowed in my windows firewall, both for private and public networks.

I have a wired connection set up. I could also try connecting wirelessly and see if that changes anything.

I managed to log the error once, got "lucky" and it appeared after five minutes. See attached log files.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(43.66 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
wurstpistole

Re: "check network connection" randomly appearing and playback stopping

Post by wurstpistole »

I rebooted my router and the problem did not reappear. So it's probably on my side. Except you find something in the log that I could fix settings-wise?
Nadahar

Re: "check network connection" randomly appearing and playback stopping

Post by Nadahar »

It seems that you actually had network problems, there's nothing UMS can do about that ;)