Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E playback / renderer configuration file

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Ota-Coder

Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E playback / renderer configuration file

Post by Ota-Coder »

Hi! I'm new to this forum and also new to using Universal Media Server.

We recently bought Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E and looks like it's relatively new that it still doesn't have a renderer configuration file yet. I'll still have to read thoroughly how to make one but I've tried the UMS -> Kodi setup.

More or less I have the same problem as this thread - viewtopic.php?t=11389
On the other hand, I can not do the same with the BOX M9C Pro. With the same software and the same video file. The video control bar only covers a few seconds and not the full length of the video.
Only difference is that I'm testing it in my Nexus 7 2013 WiFi using Kodi and Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E.

I can locate the UMS in Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E via Kodi, problem is that videos I play have the video control bar cover only few seconds and not the full length of the video.

Attached are the debug files.

I think I kinda need to make a new renderer configuration file but I need guidance in how to do so.

Thank you.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(129.66 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Ota-Coder

Re: Sony Bravia KD-49X8000E playback / renderer configuration file

Post by Ota-Coder »

After reading this - http://www.universalmediaserver.com/faq ... erSupport1 - and also leaving only these files in the "renderers" folder:
> "Kodi.conf"
> "Sony-BraviaX.conf"
> "XBMC.conf"
Looks like the video control bar is now fixed... at least for now.

Will reply to this thread if anything goes wrong.

Thanks!

Edit: Since the players keep recognizing Kodi as XBMC, just copy-pasted most of the Kodi configurations to XBMC.