UMS no longer appearing on any devices [SOLVED]

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DocHobo

UMS no longer appearing on any devices [SOLVED]

Post by DocHobo »

Haven't used the server in a while but when I went to go use it on the xbox one, I noticed it was missing. Tried the ps4 as well and it didn't appear there either. I've tried updating java, uninstalling and reinstalling UMS, re-disabled windows firewall (thanks for turning it back on without my permission microsoft), but nothing I do seems to work. UMS can see the xbox as a renderer though
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(413.23 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
Last edited by DocHobo on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
valib
Developer

Re: UMS no longer appearing on any devices

Post by valib »

This must be the network problem. Try to reset all network devices (routers, switches, hubs). This sometimes happen also to me and after reseting it works again.

EDIT: I found the problem. UMS uses address

Code: Select all

172.20.181.209, name:eth0 (Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter)
not the

192.168.1.6, name:eth7 (Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) #2)
which is the same subnet like your XboxOne using address

Every renderers and the UMS must use the same subnet addresses means either the UMS or XboxOne has wrong setting.
DocHobo

Re: UMS no longer appearing on any devices

Post by DocHobo »

ah, so it defaulted to the wrong network adapter at some point? weird, but at least that's an easy fix. after changing the "force networking on interface" setting and resetting the router, everything seems to be working now, thanks!