DVD timeline question

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
asmol

DVD timeline question

Post by asmol »

Hello!
The last time I tried to watch a DVD using your server on my TV box the time line of this DVD in the MX player was limited to only 5 seconds (see the attached picture). How do I configure the player in such a way that the full length of the movie is displayed in the player? Sorry for my bad English - i've used Google translator.
Attachments
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG (4.54 MiB) Viewed 3514 times
ums_dbg.zip
(100.49 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Nadahar

Re: DVD timeline question

Post by Nadahar »

You can't. The reason for this is that the file is being transcoded, and thus it is created as you watch it. It therefore has no "length". You should still be able to fast-forward, but you can't skip like you can with a video that isn't transcoded.
asmol

Re: DVD timeline question

Post by asmol »

First of all, thank you very much for your replay. It's sad to hear this. I was hoping that the information on the full length of the film would help me memorize the position with the help of the MX player (I already tried it on another server and everything worked out). I'll have to use that server where it all works. To you I want to fix this problem in the next versions, and then maybe I will come back to your server. I think that the topic can be closed.