Renderers not showing, PS4 in particular

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
UMSnoob

Renderers not showing, PS4 in particular

Post by UMSnoob »

I've been running UMS 5.3.1. for a while now. Very stable, no problems at all.
Until today when my PS4 kept getting disconnected.
I figured it was time to update to version 7+ (7.1.0 to be exact)

Then stupidity hit me and I did a clean install. Since then I can't get the renderers to work. Not in 7.1.0 and after uninstalling it and reinstalling 5.3.1 not in that version either.
Right now I'm back to 7.1.0 but I've no clue what to do next.
I've checked the firewall and allowed all the Javas to be granted access, but still no luck.

I figured it's inside the same network, it should be easy. I guessed wrong :(

What am I missing here?
The PS4 is wireless and the computer is on an ethernet cable. They are both connected to the same router.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(28.8 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
Nadahar

Re: Renderers not showing, PS4 in particular

Post by Nadahar »

There is no incoming traffic to UMS so something is wrong on the network level. You have correctly set it to use "Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit" instead of the VPN interface, but some VPN clients still interfere with normal network operation. Try to disconnect/deactivate the VPN. The second question is if your router between the wireless and the wired network is "transparent"/in bridge/AP mode. Check the IP address on the PS4, and if the IP address does NOT start with 192.168.0 it is on a different subnet and it won't work.

Last, for testing you should completely disable Windows firewall, to be sure it's not causing any issue. You're still protected against attacks from the Internet both via NAT and the firewall in your router. If disabling it makes a difference, you need to change your firewall rules.

I noticed that you have forced the default renderer to PS4. It doesn't help in any way, and will likely lead to problems after you get the network issues solved, so I would just remove that configuration.