Bubbleupnp shows certain folders as empty.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Frostyzen

Bubbleupnp shows certain folders as empty.

Post by Frostyzen »

Hiya,

I've been trying to get UMS work with android and finally finding bubbleupnp after fiddling 3 days getting certain files to work just through google chrome on android. Bubbleupnp shows all folders yet some files are missing, there is no clear distinction as to why these particular files. I've tried on my s6 edge and my older tablet (S3 lite) and they both have the same issue. I can find the files through google chrome just fine but of course I cannot play them, at first I thought it showed hidden folders for the files it cannot play just like google chrome but that wouldn't make any sense since you have to use an external video player with it.

Now im not completely dumb and googled this issue and have found a thread on bubbleupnp about this, they however just put the blame on UMS being buggy and randomly not sending data while saying all other media server software does not have this issue.

The curious thing is I have my library split into two locations, one folder on my windows drive (C) and on one another plugged in HDD (D drive). I've tried fiddling with some windows options such as indexing but even that makes me skeptical because if windows were screwing with the file permissions or etc it would probably be the whole folder.

Now if any of you have some help or suggestions i'd gladly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Nadahar

Re: Bubbleupnp shows certain folders as empty.

Post by Nadahar »

There can be many reasons why a file isn't listed, and to find out what causes it we'd need you to follow the problem reporting guidelines above. It can be anything from parse problems to missing transcoding engines to configuration issues to lacking support in the renderer, and obviously bugs ;)
Frostyzen

Post by Frostyzen »

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Here you go.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1018.18 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The name of one of the problematic files would be helpful.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I can see one problem right away - you have turned on renderer_force_default (force default renderer), which should only have been a debug option in my opinion. In most cases, this will break things, as it means that UMS won't recognize BubbleUPnP as BubbleUPnP. Try disabling that and generate a new log.

Another thing I see in your log is that you have a very small amount of RAM. It's not likely to cause this issue, but I'm worried it could cause a lot of other issues if you share more than a few files. The minimum amount of RAM UMS is configured to reserve by default, is 768 MB. Since you only have 290 MB free memory I think there's a big chance that you'll run into issues with that.