PS4 MKV File Problem.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
waterphoenix234

PS4 MKV File Problem.

Post by waterphoenix234 »

Hey guys! I am having an issue trying to play any file that is mkv and has embedded subtitles. No matter what I do, when I go to the folder on my PS4 it says "No playable media" and it cannot find any of the files. I have the latest version and have tried playing with the settings to not avail.

It will still find some mkv files that have no embedded subtitles. I don't need the subtitles, I just want to be able to play the files.
mik_s

Re: PS4 MKV File Problem.

Post by mik_s »

the supplied config file for the PS4 does not include settings for subtitles in the latest release for some reason. try adding this to the end

Code: Select all

# Supported subtitles formats:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,SUBRIP
I've attached the config file i use for the Ps4 if yo u want to try it.
Attachments
Sony-PlayStation4.conf
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
Madoka

Re: PS4 MKV File Problem.

Post by Madoka »

The PS4 does not really support .ass subtitles. It will display them as simple text, ignoring all formatting and position codes. So if there is a lot of text on screen, you will get a mess of text at the bottom. The hard work of the subbers will be lost. The PS4 supports .srt subtitles as CC text.