UMS to PS3, sound kills, then video after 30-40 min

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Nemanach

UMS to PS3, sound kills, then video after 30-40 min

Post by Nemanach »

Sound goes out, then it freezes, then it kills to main screen

I recently got a new laptop and have been having issues with UMS streaming to my PS3. It will work fine for 30-40 minutes then over 10-20 seconds the sound will kill, then the picture freezes, then the video closes. Sometimes when I start it back up it will only go 5-10 minutes before the same problem occurs.

I didn't have this problem with my old desktop which was much older and slower than the new laptop.

The laptop is plugged in and it is set to sleep after 2 hours and hard drive is set to turn off after 2 hours so it shouldn't be either of those. I have tried on WiFi and wired through ethernet with the same result.

The video files are saved on the internal harddrive.

This is consistent with any TV show or movie I am streaming.

I created the TRACE logs and had the error 38 minutes into the video. On this example the problem only happened once. I created another TRACE log where it happened multiple times but I must have exported it wrong as there is nothing that is in the zip file. I will try again on the next video as well.
Attachments
9-14 38 min network error.zip
(121.58 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS to PS3, sound kills, then video after 30-40 min

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the logs, can you try using the latest FFmpeg build from here and see if that makes a difference? https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Nemanach

Post by Nemanach »

It isn't readily apparent to me and searching hasn't helped me figure it out, I've downloaded "ffmpeg-20180926-476a771-win64-static.zip" but I'm not sure what to do with it from here. I ran ffmpeg in the bin directory, all I get is a window opening and closing quickly.

What should I be doing to use this buildof ffmpeg with UMS?
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Stick it in the Win32 folder in the UMS folder. You may want to save the old one first.
Nemanach

Post by Nemanach »

I downloaded 'ffmpeg-20180926-476a771-win64-static' and copied ffmeg into the directory below. I noticed there is a ffmpeg64 in the directory as well, should I do anything with that? I have a 64 bit system.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\win32

After doing that I am still having the same problem. I didn't note how far I was into the video but it happened at 11:33 pm. I started the video again, skipped to the same spot and it happened again at 11:37 pm. Attached is a log from it.
Attachments
10-4-18.zip
(306.27 KiB) Downloaded 376 times