UMS subtitle problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Dasix

Re: UMS subtitle problem

Post by Dasix »

Hey everyone,
I didn't want to open a new thread, because my problem is sort of similar to this.
I bought a Philips 49PUS8503/12 Smart Tv yesterday and found out about the UMS as this is the only good option to stream media to my TV.
I've read all night long on forums and managed to make my TV stream my shared content.
I've used a Philips.conf file which i found in a different topic, this is attached.

My problem is, that I can't make UMS to stream .srt files within the same directory of a movie for example. And for some reason even if there is no embedded subtitle files, it displays english.
I have a lot of srt files for shows, renamed as the file of course.
I tried millions of variations within the setup and still no luck.
Here is my debug file attached and also would really appreciate if someone would help me to check if this conf file is ok for the TV.
Please help!
I'm hungarian and based in HU as well, so that's why it is really important to make srt files work.

Thanks a lot in advance!
D6.
Attachments
sub.jpg
sub.jpg (375.84 KiB) Viewed 5148 times
Philips-PFL.conf
(9.82 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
ums_dbg.zip
(230.31 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

First, does your TV support external .srt subtitles? If yes, then in the config file, find the line at the very end that currently reads:

Code: Select all

# SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
and remove the # so it reads:

SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
Dasix

Post by Dasix »

Madoka wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:46 am First, does your TV support external .srt subtitles? If yes, then in the config file, find the line at the very end that currently reads:

# SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
and remove the # so it reads:

SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
Thank you, I already tried it without the # before posted it.
It's not working either way. I'm starting to think my TV doesn't support subtitle streaming via SimplyShare which is really suprising tbh as it is quite a highend LED from the range. :?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I know as good as nothing about Philips TV's (I had some from the 70's, but that's hardly relevant), but neither UPnP AV nor DLNA has any subtitles support. As a result, there is no standard way to handle this. Panasonic has made one non-standard way and Samsung has made another. As far as I know, those two are the only ways to stream subtitles. UMS use both methods, but unless Philips has implemented one of these non-standard ways to handle it, chances are that there simply is no way to transfer subtitles to your TV.