DVD subtitles do not show, "dlna.getMediaSubtitle() is null" in trace log

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
geryde

DVD subtitles do not show, "dlna.getMediaSubtitle() is null" in trace log

Post by geryde »

UMS looks great from comparison to other media servers, but when I play a DVD file (ripped to the PC's hard drive) via UMS to the TV, the subtitles do not show - a key feature for me.
I searched already this forum and tried already for quite some time, but with no result. Here the key points what I tried based on forum postings:
In the relevant renderer config file (Samsung-NotCD.conf) I changed subtitle formats according to what I found in the TV manual:
  • SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,MICRODVD,SAMI,SUBRIP,TEXT
  • SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,SUBRIP
In UMS transcoding settings I changed
  • audio/subtitles language priority changed from "eng,off;*,eng;*,und" to "eng,*;*,und"
  • for Video files engines I moved MEncoder to the top (AviSynth/MEncoder and AviSynth/FFmpeg are disabled; red icon in front)
I attach the trace log. UMS does recognize the subtitles in the DVD file: log has entries like "Subtitle ID: 189-33 Format: "RLE""
I tried to find s.th. in the log. Here what look like key lines to me:

Code: Select all

HEAD /get/110/VTS_01_2.VOB_transcoded_to.mpg HTTP/1.0	
… 
TRACE 2018-10-30 16:18:40.791 [HTTPv2 Request Worker 8] net.pms.network.RequestV2 Did not send subtitle headers because dlna.getMediaSubtitle() is null
…
INFO  2018-10-30 16:18:40.794 [StartPlaying Event] net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource Started playing VTS_01_2.VOB on your [TV]Samsung LED22
But what is needed to have the DVD subtitles on the TV screen?
Would appreciate when someone can check this …
Attachments
ums_dbg-v1.zip
(175.37 KiB) Downloaded 342 times