High Sierra Web Interface

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
windhillwebs

High Sierra Web Interface

Post by windhillwebs »

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for a great product! I have tried Plex and Emby and would much rather use your self-contained server.

I just have this one issue and I have tried a range of Chrome based browsers as well as Firefox and all behave the same way when playing a video in the Web Interface.

The movie starts to load and starts but stalls after about 10secs with the spinner showing which presumably means it is transcoding and buffering. Also, the Play Controls are incomplete, only Back and Forward and a Flash button.

Playback on my WD Live TV Hub is perfect.

Hope you can advise on how to resolve this. I have attached the bug log file.

Regards
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(524.82 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
valib
Developer

Re: High Sierra Web Interface

Post by valib »

Hi windhillwebs. From your log I see that your PC is not powerful enough to transcode on the fly. To be able to transcode the FFmpeg transcoding speed must be higher than 1 but your is 0,7 on average.
You can try to limit the maximum bitrate. Now you have default value

Code: Select all

maximum_bitrate = 90
but the estimated bitrate for your WDTVLiveHub is about 30 Mb/s. Try to use automatic maximum bandwidth.
windhillwebs

Post by windhillwebs »

Thanks for your reply valib.

As I mentioned, playback to the WD Live Hub is perfect, its playback within the MacBook Browser that is the issue.

Any further thoughts?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi windhillwebs, thanks for your post. We have a change coming up that will increase transcoding speed for the web interface a lot.
If you're interested you can follow the issue for it on our tracker https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1578