Chapter support not working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
geryde

Chapter support not working

Post by geryde »

I want to play an MP4 file using the UMS chapter support. In transcoding settings I set the checkmark and 10 min interval. On the TV I select that movie's Transcoding folder, then Chapter:[No transcoding], then >>00:30.00.00.
On the UMS Status tab I see '>>00:30.00.00' added (see attached jpg). However, the movie plays from the very start instead of from 30th minute. Log attached.
FYI: It happened a couple of times that a movie suddenly stopped playing. I did not find a Resume point for that spot, thus could not start again. The TV does not allow me to skip forward. Thus chapter support is the only workaround I can see. And that is not working :(
Attachments
ums_dbg-Chapter-30min.zip
Trace logs
(73.4 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
UMS Status tab showing >>00:30.00.00
UMS Status tab showing >>00:30.00.00
UMS-Chapter-30min.jpg (40.49 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
geryde

Re: Chapter support not working

Post by geryde »

Unfortunately, no reply on my post that could help solving the issue though log was included. Same as for my previous post on another issue.
I guess I have to give up on UMS. UMS sounds great from the description, just what I need. But seems it is not living up to its promise.
EnumOlive

Re: Chapter support not working

Post by EnumOlive »

Hi geryde

I've opened an issue for the bug that you've reported.

When I tested it, I did find that I could play the full No Transcoding video without an initial chapter skip, and use the right arrow button to skip ahead chapters according to the timing I set but I'm not sure if that's a feature your TV supports.

If you would like to follow the issue, you can see updates at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1722