no subs with 1.3.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SuperDre

no subs with 1.3.0

Post by SuperDre »

It seems something's wrong with subtitles, as last night I didn't see any subtitles with a movie, it said '[external subtitles]' but it didn't show any subtitles, had to use last PMS subjunk build to watch the movie. Will try 2night again with other movies (as it was late and I already had spent some time on trying to get it to work with UMS 1.3.0). I must admit that I first watched the movie without having subtitles, but then went to look for subs and found them and put them next to the movie, restarted UMS (because I still have no idea how to get UMS (on the clientrenderer part) to refresh a folder) and then it showed the '[External subtitles]' (mencoder) behind the title, but it didn't show them..
It's just a heads up, haven't confirmed if it also didn't work with other movies.. It was a simple .srt and the 'Use ASS/SSA subtitle style' option is checked..
SuperDre

Re: no subs with 1.3.0

Post by SuperDre »

Just check a couple of movies which have external subs, and non seem to work.. I've added the debug files.. I hope you can fix it soon.. for the time being I'll just use the last PMS SB.. FYI, 1.2 didn't have this problem, and you did change something in regard to subtitles with this release..
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(22.27 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
Raker13

Post by Raker13 »

Using 1.3, ethernet to Oppo 93 and WDTV live (gen 2). No subs on either. Note, tried 1.54 of PMS and no subs either. Check correct boxes. SRT file name exact but with .srt extention. Flummoxed.
bevster

Post by bevster »

Hi I just wanted to add I upgraded to 1.3 tonight and lost the ability to see subs.
mencoder with external subs worked normal in 1.2
thanks

*update* I fixed it. I went to Transcode Settings and then under Mencoder changed the subtitles language priority, which had some anomaly at the start of the string instead of, eng,fre, etc
Also Audio/subtitles language priority had a whole bunch of garble so I changed it to eng,eng and voila subs are back in action.
I noticed if you blank out the line for Audio/ subtitles language priority and then click save and close UMS, when you reopen it there will be a bunch of garble back again. But when you save it as eng,eng or whatever you use then it will stay as such.
Hope this helps narrow down what seems to be a minor glitch =)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

bevster wrote:Hi I just wanted to add I upgraded to 1.3 tonight and lost the ability to see subs.
mencoder with external subs worked normal in 1.2
thanks

*update* I fixed it. I went to Transcode Settings and then under Mencoder changed the subtitles language priority, which had some anomaly at the start of the string instead of, eng,fre, etc
Also Audio/subtitles language priority had a whole bunch of garble so I changed it to eng,eng and voila subs are back in action.
I noticed if you blank out the line for Audio/ subtitles language priority and then click save and close UMS, when you reopen it there will be a bunch of garble back again. But when you save it as eng,eng or whatever you use then it will stay as such.
Hope this helps narrow down what seems to be a minor glitch =)
What is the "bunch of garble"?
parallax

Post by parallax »

Hi SubJunk,

I had the same problem (just switched from PS3MS to UMS 1.3.0) when testing now.
Here's specifically how I fixed it:

1. Mencoder -> Subtitle Language Priority -> removed "loc,"
2. Mencoder -> Audio/subtitles language priority -> replaced everything with "eng,und"

Don't know specifically what caused it, or if "loc" is some kind of autodetect feature for locale, but it works flawless now :)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

YEP, I checked UMS, and it also has "loc," instead of where "nl,dut" was.. I've removed it, and will see if that changes anything.. Also I renamed loc to nl with the 'audio/subtitle priority' as it seems loc doesn't detect te correct language.

**Yep, now I've got my subtitles back.. So 'loc' doesn't seem to work properly.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm ok I'll revert it for now, thanks guys :) It's a PMS feature so I'll let them fix it heh
bevster

Post by bevster »

Sorry the bunch of garble I see on the audio / subtitle line when it is left blank and then saved and program closed and then reopened is
loc,off;jpn,loc;*,loc;*,*
it defaulted to say that, then I dont see my subs.
if I type in eng,eng and save it will stay that way even when I reopen the prog next time.
thanks