Problems with 7.5 & 7.6

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
LenJ

Problems with 7.5 & 7.6

Post by LenJ »

Hello All,

I've been using UMS with great success for a couple years on my PS4. After upgrading to 7.5 and then updating to 7.6 many files that used to play would come up as unrecognizable file type or something like that. I couldn't exactly find anything in common with them, but they are all mkv (H264 - MPEG-4 AVC) and E-AC3 as far as I can tell.

I uninstalled and went back to 7.4 and everything works great again.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced such problems ......

Thanks
pkroll

Re: Problems with 7.5 & 7.6

Post by pkroll »

I posted a very similiar problem. My MKV files which worked very fine before 7.6.0, have now problems and make the same error like yours.
Maybe the same problem...

EDIT: You should make a Trace_Log_File like in (Problem Reporting Guidlines).
EDIT2: UMS 7.5.0 works very fine...
mik_s

Re: Problems with 7.5 & 7.6

Post by mik_s »

Overwrite your PS4 renderer .config from v7.6 with the one that worked before. I've noticed that there have been changes that has stopped UMS from correctly identifying the right supported files for the PS4. also the last version I saw didn't have support for external subs or images.

This is what I use
Sony-PlayStation4.conf
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
I've not tried it out in a while as I usually use Movian on my PS3 so it won't be perfect.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.