UMS Not detecting Renderers (Samsung TV or PS4) on Google Wi-Fi

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
capnwb

UMS Not detecting Renderers (Samsung TV or PS4) on Google Wi-Fi

Post by capnwb »

UMS doesn't seem to want to detect my Samsung TV or PS4 any longer after I've set up Google Wi-Fi.

Back on my normal Wi-Fi network, I never had any issues with detection using all default settings (though the connection wasn't good enough to stream anything and so I couldn't even use UMS anyway which is why I went and installed Google WI-Fi).

I've tried a number of things after setting up Google Wi-Fi, but assume it's some kind of problem stemming from Google Wi-Fi itself.

I've tried going back to UMS 7.5.0, Java 8 Update 181, resetting Window Firewall to default, forced UMS to use my ethernet card (showing my computer's IP) opening ports in Windows Firewall (Inbound TCP (5001, 9001) UDP (1900) Outbound TCP ( 5001, 5002, 9001) UDP (1900)), allowing Javaw.exe in Windows Firewall as well - nothing seems to work. Are there some kind of network settings in Google Wi-Fi that I need to change/open/allow somehow?

I've attached the trace log from UMS 7.5.0, not sure if it's useful..
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(31.96 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
EnumOlive

Re: UMS Not detecting Renderers (Samsung TV or PS4) on Google Wi-Fi

Post by EnumOlive »

Hi,

There are a few articles around describing issues with Google Wi-Fi and DLNA/Media Servers.

This one might help with some troubleshooting DLNA on Google Wi-Fi