Unable to connect with Sony Bluray and Optoma projector

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
teidybugi

Re: Unable to connect with Sony Bluray and Optoma projector

Post by teidybugi »

valib wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:46 pm @teidybugi please set shared folders acordingly. You have set

Code: Select all

folders =I:\\,G:\\4k_3d_filmi
which means that all subfolders and files in I: drive will be scanned not only folders with any media files. It really spams the log and slow down browsing.
Oh, I didn't even noticed, my bad. I removed I: drive, and selected 4K_3d folder from the I: drive, where I keep my movies. Sorry about that. I did another log, tried couple of movies for a bit and I noticed in the logs, that when I played transcoded Grand Tour 2160p (MEencoder)
it said that the maximum resolution was set up to 1920x1080 and that's one of the reason I see such a big difference in MB/S when playing MKV and transcoded files.
Attachments
ums_dbg3.zip
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 373 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

You can add to your renderer .conf the

Code: Select all

MaxVideoWidth = 3840
MaxVideoHeight = 2160
and try to transcode. It depends on your PC if it will be capable to transcode on the fly the 4K video.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Please try putting this file into the renderers folder and trying it, I made it based on your manual (which are often very wrong but a good starting point https://www.sony.co.nz/electronics/supp ... 73104M.pdf)
Sony-UBP.conf
(2.08 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
teidybugi

Post by teidybugi »

Oh man... I have so many problems :/ I couldn't test the config yet, because I have network problems now. I set up cable from modem to the living room where it's connected to switch and I have connected TV box (for watching tv programs), Blu-ray player and TV (for internet connection).
At the beginning, before I even posted here it didn't connect blu-ray to internet, I called my IPS and they told I should switch cables from lan4 to lan2 (on modem), then it actually worked. But later I noticed TV programs didn't worked, so I called them back and they change lan2 port
somehow that TV worked, but later I noticed that blu-ray didn't connect back to internet, something about we used all IP address they provide and I had to order static IP (for free) and later type it to blu-ray. I did all of that, but then it didn't connect to UMS, at network diagnostics (blu-ray) it said
that the IP is not correct to connect to the server. So I called them back and I switch back from lan2 to lan4 and they set up that lan4 is public network (not sure if it's correct phrase), because that's the only way TV box can receive signal for programs. So now I've tried to manually put the IP on UMS,
but I get error that another program is using the port (5001), I've tried to change it but every port is blocked. So now I'm not sure what to do. I typed all of that, just to give you some background information of what's been going on and if that's going to help in any way.
I apologise if I'm too much work for you to deal with.
Attachments
ums_dbg4.zip
(390.34 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Before you start looking at potential UMS issues, you should fix your network setup. It sounds to me like your ISP has given you a lot of wrong "advice" and that you currently have a compromised network (one that is accessible from the outside). Your local network should not be public and you should not need a public IP address unless you plan to run some kind of server that should be reachable from the internet. UMS is not such a server, it's only meant to serve the local network.

For devices to find UMS, they must all be on the same local network (and IP subnet) as the computer running UMS. This network should use private IP addresses. They way you normally achieve this is to have a router behind the modem. The modem then provides the internet access (and one, usually dynamic, public IP address) to the router, and the router "creates" the local network behind it using private IP addresses. All your devices (computers, TVs, mobile phones, etc.) then connect to the private, local network that is protected by the router and which is not accessible from the internet (but which has internet access).

These days, ISP's often provides a modem that also has a router in it. This complicates things because that often mean that the ISP will "configure" the router for you, or that you have to do it using the web service they provide. It also means that the ISP or the government or anyone that can hack their network have full access to your home network. I prefer using a separate router that is not controlled by the ISP, and to simply let the modem be a modem.

From your explanation I'm not sure if you have a router at all, or if it's built-in in the modem. You have to straighten the network stuff out before you can get anything to work, and to make sure your network isn't wide open to anyone on the internet.

There are so many possible configurations that it's hard to give general instructions about how to do this. It's not very complicated though, so anyone interested can learn what they need by searching on the internet. Most probably also know somebody that knows enough to get this working.
teidybugi

Post by teidybugi »

Nadahar wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:47 am Before you start looking at potential UMS issues, you should fix your network setup.
I fixed the network problem and I was finally able to test the config.
SubJunk wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am Please try putting this file into the renderers folder and trying it, I made it based on your manual (which are often very wrong but a good starting point https://www.sony.co.nz/electronics/supp ... 73104M.pdf)
Sony-UBP.conf
Unfortunately when I was trying to play files with that config I got for every file error, that the file is corrupted or unsupported format. And for some strange reason when I was creating log file it has shown that debug.log.prev doesn't exist so I couldn't pack that one.
Attachments
ums_dbg5.zip
(857.81 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
teidybugi

Post by teidybugi »

I have created new topic regarding problems of playing files https://www.universalmediaserver.com/fo ... =9&t=13209 and I don't want to confuse too much with the title of this topic . According to the tittle this one was partly resolved, for blu-ray player, it seems for optoma projector there isn't such a support, but I don't worry much since I can connect with blu-ray player.

Thanks for any help so far.