Hanging Problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
khaledgamal2020

Hanging Problem

Post by khaledgamal2020 »

Dears

I have problem in UMS after installing standalone version and run the program after 15 minutes more or less the program hang and take 90% from CPU

and i can't control it

i attached the logs to see my problem
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(49.97 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (106.57 KiB) Viewed 7133 times
valib
Developer

Re: Hanging Problem

Post by valib »

You didn't follow the rules written in red above and send the log in the debug mode which tell us nothing.
boss

Post by boss »

One thing I noticed from your logs is that in UMS.conf you have your shared folders as E:\\torrent. I'm not sure if that syntax is correct and also you seem to have other things (besides media files) in that folder.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

The screenshot shows extremely high memory use so that is probably what is causing the hang - when Java reaches max memory it uses 100% CPU and hangs.
Please try this test build and let us know if that works https://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS ... 079698.exe
khaledgamal2020

boss wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:41 pm One thing I noticed from your logs is that in UMS.conf you have your shared folders as E:\\torrent. I'm not sure if that syntax is correct and also you seem to have other things (besides media files) in that folder.
the syntex is correct and yes i have other things in this folder
khaledgamal2020

SubJunk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 pm The screenshot shows extremely high memory use so that is probably what is causing the hang - when Java reaches max memory it uses 100% CPU and hangs.
Please try this test build and let us know if that works https://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS ... 079698.exe
I will try this version , and i will reply after testing
lutzm63

Post by lutzm63 »

Hello SubJunk

I had same problem of memory leack and hanging. I have tried your version and it seems it works :
no problem for 7 days, before it works no more than 2 days.

I'll keep you informed if something append.

Regards