(UMS Ver. 7.6.2) Under Web-> Ted-> Ted Talks: Media Server Error..

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Aragorn

(UMS Ver. 7.6.2) Under Web-> Ted-> Ted Talks: Media Server Error..

Post by Aragorn »

Dear UMS Support.
With UMS Ver. 7.6.2 - Under the 'General Configuration' tab, in the bottom left corner with the 'Enable External Network' enabled, on my TV, I can see 'Web' and then one of the listings is 'Ted Talks...".
Problem: Under this version, I get the following error when trying to play any of the listed Ted Talks:
Media Server Error:
A Network Error has occurred
(000001F4)

I only get this error for the Ted Talks. I do not get this error when accessing my media files (movies and images in my media folders). All my movies play fine.

I then uninstalled UMS ver. 7.6.2 and reinstalled UMS Ver. 7.5.0. The problem does not occur with this previous version. All Ted Talks play fine without any issues.

I have followed your 'Problem Reporting Guidelines" step by step to produce the two attached debug zip files.

For now, I will use the older version to watch Ted Talks. I hope that this error will be resolved in the next new release.
Thanks very much
Aragorn.
Attachments
UMS Ver 7.6.2 ums_dbg.zip
(129.78 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
UMS Ver 7.5.0 ums_dbg.zip
(49.19 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
EnumOlive

Re: (UMS Ver. 7.6.2) Under Web-> Ted-> Ted Talks: Media Server Error..

Post by EnumOlive »

Hi Aragorn

There's now an issue created for this for 7.6.2.

If you'd like to follow it, the link to the issue is at https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1723

Thanks.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Dear UMS Support,

If this issue is currently "work-in-progress", please take your time as I greatly appreciate your work. I just decided to install UMS ver. 7.8.0 and the Ted Talks content is still unavailable but with a change from the error that occurred with version 7.6.2. Under ver. 7.8.0 when I select Web -> Ted I now see a long number. Last night (Jan. 29, 2019) the number was: 1548814535043.
This afternoon (Jan. 30, 2019) the number is: 1548874664428.

I started the Logging process and captured and saved the log under this version and then uninstalled this version and re-installed version 7.5.0 under which the Ted Talks appear and can be viewed without any issues.

I am using a Sony PS3 as the renderer and my computer running UMS is Windows 7 Pro.

I am attaching the logs for UMS Ver. 7.8.0 and 7.5.0.

Thanks very much.
Aragorn
Attachments
UMS Ver.7.8.0 ums_dbg.zip
(65.99 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
UMS Ver. 7.5.0 ums_dbg.zip
(139.29 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
jps92

Post by jps92 »

I have the same problem.
jps92

Post by jps92 »

Hello,

Always the same problem with the 7.9.0.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Dear UMS Support,

I had tried UMS version 7.8.0. but it had the same problem as 7.6.2. I am attaching the logs for this version.

Version 7.9.0 also had the same problem with the Ted Talks not appearing. However, it was a bit of a disaster as it now had other severe issues like not playing back mkv or flv files. I quickly uninstalled that version and installed version 8.0.1 (I did not bother with logs for this version).

I have been using version 8.0.1 for a few days. It has no issues with mkv, or flv or any other media files which is good news. However, this version does not have Ted Talks listed at all. There are other additions like Podcast and Vodcast and YouTube Channels but all of these simply display a series of numbers instead of any content. I am attaching the log file for this version as well.

It looks like the last version that did have the Ted Talks is the version 7.5.0 which I am going to have to revert to I am afraid. Is there any hope of having the Ted Talks re-instated in the next version or so?

This will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Aragorn
Attachments
UMS Ver.7.8.0 ums_dbg.zip
(65.99 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
UMS Ver. 8.0.1 ums_dbg.zip
(79.8 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I never tried any version after version 7.6.2. I continued to use version 7.5.0. since this was the last version which played TED Talks. However, I did try version 9.0.0 and was thrilled to see that the TED Talks works fine under this version.

Thanks very much to all who worked to fix this issue!

Sincerely,

Aragorn
p.s. I am afraid there is another issue unfortunately but I will post that separately.