Cannot launch GUI

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Trebly

Cannot launch GUI

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

I think that I make a mistake and that my question is basic.
I have installed UMS nine months ago, I have not performed any configuration, just let run auto config. Then I could define quickly some media directories to access. I spent less than half an hour and could get from a TV Samsung (SmartHub) the access to the medias, it was the immediate purpose.
Since this time I have not used the GUI, at each start of the computer UMS is loaded and media are able to be viewed.

Today I planned to define larger media to access.

I could not find back how to run the GUI (the server is loaded automatically with windows startup).
I have read elements of the help but I have not found how to launch the GUI or may be it crashes (If I launch again UMS I get the Welcome panel which remains "loading" until I close it manually).

Note about config : I run java x32 and x64 last 8.0_161 on win10_pro (updated) UMS is 7.7.0 .

Thanks for help

Best regards

Trebly
EnumOlive

Re: Cannot launch GUI

Post by EnumOlive »

Hi Trebly

It would be useful to have your debug information. Since you can't get the GUI open, you can find these logs manually using information from the Problem Reporting Guidelines.
If your bug is stopping UMS from even starting, or it is otherwise preventing the creation of the log package following the steps above, you can still find the logs manually on your filesystem:

- Windows: C:/ProgramData/UMS/debug.log