Samsung Q6F UMS 7.7.1 crashing on some videos

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
vanakov

Samsung Q6F UMS 7.7.1 crashing on some videos

Post by vanakov »

Hello all,

Hoping you can help me. Got a new TV this week after many years of waiting Samsung Q6F 4k 55". I was running UMS 7.5 but having some issues with some 4K videos (pixilation, lagging) so I did a clean install of UMS 7.7.1, some of the issues went away but a host of new ones came up.

I have installed and reinstalled a few times, updated java, removed and reinstall both, but I am now getting crashes on 1080p content I never had before. UMS is crashing on some errors.

I'm pretty close to formatting the drive and starting again.

all help appreciated.

Cheers
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(139.34 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Last edited by vanakov on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: Samsung Q6F UMS 7.7.1 crashing on some videos

Post by Nadahar »

You shouldn't think that reformatting or reinstalling would solve anything. It very rarely does. There are lots of bugs in UMS, and many potential configuration issues. Especially the 7.xx versions of UMS are very bug prone.

Instead of wasting time on installing and reinstalling you should create debug files as described above in red, and hope that somebody will look into it and figure out what goes wrong.
vanakov

Post by vanakov »

cheers, the level of frustration is running high atm.

log file attached, I made it before but I think it didn't attach first time around.
vanakov

Post by vanakov »

I have updated to release 8.0.0-a2 which resolved my 1080p issues, I'll post another thread for those.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

@vanakov why do you use 32-bit Java on the 64-bit WIN 10?
vanakov

Post by vanakov »

Hi Valib,

I went through several iterations of completely uninstalling Java and specifically reinstalling the 64bit version of Java. So if its still trying to use it I guess I will have to work harder at removing the 32bit java.

Cheers
Danny