conf file borked in new version?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ramseyazad

conf file borked in new version?

Post by ramseyazad »

So, I get it that I might be the only person using UMS *and* an outdated samsung e-ht3500, but it's been working ever since you all fixed the conf for it. yes someday I'll get a *real* smart tv or a ps4 or something that seems more appropriate for the times :) but today I had to roll back from the new shiny 7.7.1 to 6.7.4, which was simply the last update that I had in my downloads folder, 7.7.1 to get my movies to play. I tried to grab the samsung e-3500 config file from the 6.7 version and plop it into the 7.7 version but that didn't work either, so I just ran a debug thingie and maybe hopefully it's an easy fix so I can continue to use new versions. 6.7.4 works, with 7.7.1 all my other renderers I tested worked fine but the samsung e-ht3500 couldn't see any movies. Also I noticed that my network drive (buffalo personal cloud storage thingie) shows up as an iphone renderer for some reason, unless there's some guy hanging around outside with an iphone that is using the same ip address as my network drive.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(113.24 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: conf file borked in new version?

Post by SubJunk »

Hi ramseyazad, can you please describe what exactly isn't working? You said you couldn't see any movies, does that mean they won't play when you click them, or they don't show on the TV? Do you see anything on the TV?
ramseyazad

Post by ramseyazad »

Sorry bout that, I get 'no movies in server' error, although I can't remember the exact words right now. And to check, since my NAS drive has dlna, I can see that the movies are there on *that* dlna, but I can't play them since the NAS has no capacity for transcoding.
ramseyazad

Post by ramseyazad »

just upgraded to 7.8.0 - still get 'no movie file in current device. select a different category.'
ramseyazad

Post by ramseyazad »

Do you need a new error log or something?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Sorry for the late reply, can you please try other versions to let us know what was the last version that worked for you? That will make it easier to track down https://sourceforge.net/projects/unimed ... 0Releases/