PS4 playback issues

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ums1220

PS4 playback issues

Post by ums1220 »

Ok, so I have a very frustrating issue with the server. I wish there was a return to default settings button somewhere because I'm sure my personalization efforts caused this issue.

The majority of my media that I use the server for is in Japanese audio, with English subs. I was having an issue with a movie file where it wasn't automatically loading the subs, and the PS4 wasn't giving me the option to choose between both audio file and sub file- options I'm always able to cycle through under the DIVX media server. So I went to the FAQ and using the guidelines listed for the subtitles section and changed a few things around. Now, after doing this NO movie source that's in Japanese audio/English audio will play. Series where Japanese is the only audio source and subs are already on the video source play just fine, and now any movie file that has dual Japanese/English audio defers to English audio with no way of changing it back (and no subs). I changed everything to default to jpn audio and eng sub regardless of audio and such things.

I have no idea what I did to cause this. The movie file I was playing that caused all this was working perfectly fine before I changed anything- the only issue is that it wasn't displaying any subs and I wasn't given any sub options to cycle thru on the PS4- and now it won't play AT ALL. It will load for a few seconds and then go to the blue screen saying media cannot be played.

Otherwise, this media server is really snazzy and I can envision myself making this my default media server if I can just figure out whats going on here.

(I'm attaching the debug file even though I don't think it helps in this instance. Also, I deleted and reinstalled the server stupidly thinking it would reset the defaults. It didn't.)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(47.36 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Madoka

Re: PS4 playback issues

Post by Madoka »

Doing a clean install should wipe all your settings and start anew.

You seem to have auto-load external subs as false so no external subs will show there.

Your subtitle language priority should be eng,und.

You don't need FriBiDi mode.
ums1220

Post by ums1220 »

Thanks for the reply Madoka! A stupid question, but how do I go about doing a clean install?

Also, is there no fix for the external sub situation?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There's no reason to reinstall to make the installation "clean". Just rename or delete the folder "C:\ProgramData\UMS" - this is where all your settings are stored. I prefer renaming it to something else (e.g. "C:\ProgramData\UMS-bak"), because then it's easy to get your previous setup back if it didn't help. The next time UMS is started a new "UMS" folder will be created with default settings.