Can't launch UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Trippitaka

Can't launch UMS

Post by Trippitaka »

Hi, I can't follow the usual guidlines for a support query for obvious reasons, given my subject title.

I installed UMS a few days ago and there was no problem with it.... but on that day alone. Ever since then I haven't been able to start UMS on my PC. I think that it is supposed to automatically connect when I start my PC. It doesn't, in fact. If I go looking for the .exe in the installation folder and click that then a dialogue box pops up asking me to choose a .conf file, (presumably it's looking for my profile?) If I navigate to the installation folder there are three .conf files there already, which are UMS.conf, VirtualFolders.conf and Web.conf. I have tried each of these in turn and with each one first it asks me to choose a language, then I am treated to the Universal Media Server Loading splash screen and that's as far as it goes. The splash screen just stays there and the software doesn't load.

I would appreciate some guidance. On that first day I did go through the whole set up process, choosing folders and settings, etc and it then streamed perfectly to my PS4, but I've gotten nothing since then.

Many thanks,
Paul
atamariya

Re: Can't launch UMS

Post by atamariya »

Go to the installation directory using command line and try launching the JAR directly.

Code: Select all

java -jar ums-6.7.5-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar 
You can paste the output here for further troubleshooting.
Trippitaka

Post by Trippitaka »

Thanks for the reply, but I really don't know what that means. Are you saying I should open a Command prompt?
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

Trippitaka wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:26 pm Thanks for the reply, but I really don't know what that means. Are you saying I should open a Command prompt?
Yes.
adaga

Post by adaga »

Hello,

Did you get your problem solved, @Trippitaka?