Can't use external subs if the files has interal ones already. Can't use FFMPEG for subtitles.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
youngoliverreed

Can't use external subs if the files has interal ones already. Can't use FFMPEG for subtitles.

Post by youngoliverreed »

I am currently using UMS 7.5.0 on a PS3.

For some reason whenever I change version of UMS I get a bunch of problems but with 7.5.0 these seems to be the only ones so I'd rather not change version.

As the titles says, if a file has internal subtitles then I can't see the external one in the Transcode folder. I can see that star next to the filename that I think comes with externals subs. filename*

I also can't use FFmpeg for the subtitles(This content cannot be played. 800288E1), I have to use MEncoder. This has not been a problem with other versions of UMS.

Thanks.
canari

Re: Can't use external subs if the files has interal ones already. Can't use FFMPEG for subtitles.

Post by canari »

I have the same problem for my Samsung TV. I searched a bit and found no solution as developers seemed to think TV was the cause. It seemed unlikely since the problem began only months ago. And prior to that I had not a single problem with any subtitle.

But I just installed UMS 7.3.1 and subtitles are fine again. You should try the same.
johnfree

Re: Can't use external subs if the files has interal ones already. Can't use FFMPEG for subtitles.

Post by johnfree »

that's exactly the same problem I have. I have sung in the 7.6.2 version for that and then I do not recognize the external subtitles only those that are embedded in the movie.
my television is UA-55H7000.