Sound Synchronisation

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
naszdom

Sound Synchronisation

Post by naszdom »

ums_dbg.zip
(1018.52 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
With Serviio I found that all too often that it "could not read file" or the subtitles did not work. With UMS

If you access a film from the main folder picture quality is a bit poor, sound is always in synch and you have to access subtitles via the TV (Panasonic). Invariably the TV says "no subtitles". I have therefore always have to use the #-- TRANSCODE--# sub folder.

In the the Transcode folder there are two which offer subtitles. However FFmpeg is like Serviio you wait a while and then you get the message "cannot read file". I have been to the FFmpeg sight to download the latest build but there are no instructions on how to install it.

With MEncoder the picture is great, the subtitles are marvellous but all to often the sound races ahead of picture and gets out of synch. Since the same file has perfect synchronisation when played from the main folder this has to be a fault with MEncoder. Ticking and unticking "use LPCM for audio" and "keep AC3 tracks" has no effect. I have to resort to using the TV when strangely the TV has no problem in finding the subtitles.

Is there a way of correcting the sound synchronisation in MEncoder and/or if FFmpeg is better how do I get it it to work?

These problems are common to versions 7.7.1 and 7.8.0. I did try 8.0.0-b1 but there were no files in the Transcode subfolder and playing the file from the main folder had the same results a above.
naszdom

Re: Sound Synchronisation

Post by naszdom »

Can someone at least tell me how to get FFMpeg working so can test whether that is any better than Mencoder
naszdom

Re: Sound Synchronisation

Post by naszdom »

Just dies not work - uninstalled