Help with UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bassmasta1990

Help with UMS

Post by bassmasta1990 »

hello
ok so im very new at trying to do this and i sure you guys get this all the time. but here it goes, i can not get my UMS to connect with my ps3 at all. here is hardware stats

toshiba qausmio windows 7
asus router RT-AC66U (upnp enabled)
PS3 hooked up through wifi (will not be able to do LAN connection)
computer hooked up hard wired.
media sharing enabled on my ps3

if some one has come across this situation before please help me out. also like i said pretty new at this so if you can tell me without completely confusing me, it would be much appreciated lol. thanks
sapsa

Re: Help with UMS

Post by sapsa »

try to disable your firewall (probably windows firewall), if UMS will be seen by PS3 then its firewall fault and you need to make rule for UMS.
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

If you search the forum on "firewall", you will find a few threads where I helped people to punch holes in the firewall so that UMS works with firewall switched on.
Also if you quickly want help, read the rules on how to ask for help; not only you should describe your setup, but you should deliver your configuration file(s) and debug.log.
bassmasta1990

Post by bassmasta1990 »

ok i have tried that and weirdly enough. i cant get my windows firewall to work. my router has a firewall but i enabled media sharing on it.