Confused about issues in 7.8 vs 7.0 in my setup

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
protected

Confused about issues in 7.8 vs 7.0 in my setup

Post by protected »

I hadn't upgraded in a good 2 years. My previous version, 7.0, was working incredibly well - the best version to date - except ffmpeg had never worked (in that version or previous ones). Last week I wanted to open a video that wasn't syncing properly on MEncoder so I decided to try upgrading.

Good news is, ffmpeg finally works on my setup (I have a Panasonic Viera TV) on 7.8. The video I wanted to play could be played properly, no problems. UMS also seems faster when loading and seeking.

But there seem to be a number of other issues. I don't know if these are known or surprising, since I haven't been around much. First of all and most notably, all audio and subtitle tracks seem to be detected as "und/null". As a consequence, language preferences are not used. Also, subtitles always seem to have less priority than no subtitles?? This had never happened before.

When watching a video all the way until it was almost over (95% or so) in 7.0, directly or through the transcode menu, it would be properly marked as watched when the mark video option is selected. In this version nothing ever seems to be marked as watched, or if it is I'm not seeing the mark on my TV.

Videos often fail to load, requiring me to try opening them multiple times on my TV before they finally play. When they fail, sometimes they'll display an error message on my TV (failure to open video or whatever), but others they'll fail silently and move on to the next option in the menu (if it's the transcode menu, this will be the wrong transcoder, subtitle or audio track).

Ideas?