Where should I enter any settings?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
baobabus

Where should I enter any settings?

Post by baobabus »

Hello!

I just started to use UMS and it does not work out-of-the-box. Movie proportions are distorted and playback is not smooth - sometimes its smooth, but sometimes its very abrupt.
I figured out that I can fix movie proportions by setting MEncoder Video as first encoder and manually setting video resolution there.
But I don't know what to do with abrupt playback. If there was some place around to set transcoded video bitrate, I think it will be enough. But I see nothing except "Automatic (wireless) - Recommended for wireless networks" in Common Transcode Settings both for MPEG-2 and H.264. MPEG-2 has several more meaningful presets but they have no effect on the video quality.

So my question is: is there any place where I can tune transcoder settings, especially video bitrate?
I am not a video guy and has no experience using FFmpeg or similar, but a link to documentation which explains which settings are available and where to input them will be fine for me.

Thank you!