Movie covers not visible in the pictures folders

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SukiSingh

Movie covers not visible in the pictures folders

Post by SukiSingh »

Hi, I have movies eg movie.mkv with the matching pictures for the covers named eg movies.jpg in the same folder. When i browse the folder all working 100% shows the mkv file and the movie cover.

The covers are thumbnail size when using PS3, I wanted to see them larger If i click the cover when browsed in the pictures folders. However when I go to the pictures folders I don't see those movies covers at all. However I do see other .jpg pictures which are not associated with any movie.

How can I see the movies covers in the pictures folder, Is there a special setting I'm not doing?
Nadahar

Re: Movie covers not visible in the pictures folders

Post by Nadahar »

You can't. They are intentionally hidden so that they shouldn't appear as normal media files, since they serve a specific function of being a thumbnail for another media file. The "real problem" here is that the PS3 doesn't allow you to view the thumbnails in a bigger size.
SukiSingh

Re: Movie covers not visible in the pictures folders

Post by SukiSingh »

Thanks for quick reply now I finally know. I've been trying to get it to work for a year tried different UMS versions, testing various options, saving .jpg as many different compressions etc. Now I have peace of mind.