UMS on new PC - many issues

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
simba1908

UMS on new PC - many issues

Post by simba1908 »

Hi ... i've recently built a new PC (Windows 10 - 1809) with UMS 8.0.1 -- the same as my previous machine. Since I installed UMS on the new PC basically nothing seems to work: I add additional Folders in to the Shared Content area and when i restart the app they're not there; I cannot remove all unnecessary renderers as they all reappear when I restart the app; but most pressing of all the renderers are either not showing at all (PS3 and PS4) or they show in the GUI and the UMS icon appears on either playstation intermittently but nothing is showing under the initial screen - no folders - nothing. When i restart the app the "Scan shared folders on startup" is checked so, like my last PC, I would expect to see the folder listing being scrolled through at the bottom but nothing. I'm using the same firewall/av as on my last machine and even if I disable both the f/w and the a/v I'm no closer to getting this working. It appears to "work" only when i install from scratch, but if i reboot the app then all the same issues mentioned above as present.

I've been using UMS for a few years now and I've not seen any of these errors before but this is just not working on the new PC ... it's a wired connection and both cables are plugged into the same router and I can ping the PS's from my PC without issue. I tried running an earlier version of the UMS (7.6.8) and again, only on initial install did i get anywhere - restarted app and renderer not found or displayed.

Can anyone assist as this is rather annoying to say the least.