CPU load issue after Windows startup

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
fuggi

Re: CPU load issue after Windows startup

Post by fuggi »

atamariya wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:42 pm Additionally, check if you have a renderer which is asking for complete media tree. My LG TV is one such culprit (WMP another). I always switch on my TV only AFTER UMS is completely up.
Yes, indeed. I've monitored this issue with the old version 8.x and the new version 9.0.0 a bit more thoroughly and noticed that, if the "Scan shared folders on startup" is disabled, the CPU load still jumps up, but only after switching on my TV LG SJ800V - contrary to your case atamariya - even if UMS was already started. Hence, I would like to know how this issue can be resolved?

Best regards,
fuggi
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

This is a problem you can't solve from user perspective. UMS tries to lazy load media file information. So you WILL see a CPU spike when lot of requests are made to the server. That should subside once all media information is loaded in memory. Also, since UMS doesn't use disk caching, you'll soon run out of memory if your media library is huge.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

AFAIK you shouldn't run out of memory anymore - we solved that in v7. If that is still happening we need to file a new bug report about it.