UMS UI not starting

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jb357

UMS UI not starting

Post by jb357 »

UMS has been running fine, for years... Then all of a sudden I can't get the UMS UI to start when I start the application. The service starts fine as can be seen in task manager, but the UI and tray icon never appear.

If I start the program from the (select profile) option it loads up fine and even remembers my config choices, but from the standard program launch it just doesn't work.

I've:
- uninstalled and reinstalled Java
- tried installing various versions of UMS back into the 7.xx era
- completely uninstalled UMS as well as deleted the remaining folder structure from program files

Since I can't get the app to launch I can't get the zipped trace logs, but have attached the debug log file - it looks like an error with the DB?
Attachments
debug.rar
(212.75 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
turbo78

Re: UMS UI not starting

Post by turbo78 »

Did you found a solution?
I just noticed today that UMS is stuck at the splkash screen...
Can not start it anyhow...
I use 8.2 version, before a few days I used it with no problems, then today I saw that the splash screen is not gone...
Tried to restart the computer, to reinstall, clean install UMS, but nothing worked...

Any suggestions anyone?
jb357

Post by jb357 »

I never found a solution and was out of town for a week so I haven't had any more time to mess with it.

For some reason this seems like an issue I've had in the past, years ago, but don't remember what the fix was.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Please try the new 9.0.0 beta and let us know if it starts viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13715
You may need to re-allow it in a Windows firewall prompt
jb357

Post by jb357 »

I tried 9.0.0 b2 and it's doing the same thing. When I do a clean install and it wipes my previous preferences I can see that it's stuck at the loading splash screen. The service is started and splash screen is up, but app isn't running and the DLNA server isn't present on the network.

If I choose to start the app via the select profile option and go through all the setup options it runs fine, but then when I go back and try again through the standard launcher it hangs at the splash screen again.

What is the default profile so I can manually load/configure that one and then try the standard launcher?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Do you have a h2database GUI installed/running? And have you tried restarting your computer? The error is from our database dependency h2database and says it's already in use
jb357

Post by jb357 »

I've rebooted multiple times while troubleshooting this and just did again after another attempt of loading 9.0.0.0 b2.

I installed the H2 Database Engine from here (never had to do this in the past) as a troubleshooting step but no joy - https://www.h2database.com/html/main.html

Starting UMS from the "select profile" prompt still works every time, but the default launcher stalls every time still.
jb357

Post by jb357 »

Been a bit so seeing if there are any other recommendations to resolve this?
jb357

Post by jb357 »

I'm subscribed to the thread hoping a solution is provided, but have otherwise given up on troubleshooting from my end due to other priorities.