HTML5 video web Opera android vs Opera Windows

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
lriuqs

HTML5 video web Opera android vs Opera Windows

Post by lriuqs »

Hello,

could someone help with one thing.

Why trying to watch movie on UMS web interface on HTML5 version on Opera browser i receive the error message: "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."
On Firefox it works but video is lagging.
On both brovsers Flash works but quality is not good.

And on Opera on Android everything works as charm.

Anyone have a solution for that?

System: Windows 10

EDIT
On Chrome it works perfect.

Best regards
Last edited by lriuqs on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: HTML5 video web Opera android vs Opera Windows

Post by Nadahar »

I'm pretty sure nobody ever bothered to make sure it works on Opera. What formats/codecs the different browsers support varies. That said, as far as I remember the exact same video stream is sent to Flash and HTML5, so the quality should be the same. As far as I remember the codec/formats are hardcoded for the different browsers, which probably is the reason you see a difference in quality. Another possibility is that Android devices have so small screens that you simply can't tell that the quality is bad ;)

In either case, I don't think there's anything you can do as a user (unless you want to dig into the code). I'm pretty sure that solving it means making changes to UMS itself.
lriuqs

Post by lriuqs »

I just checked on Chrome and HTML5 works perfect.

The qualite we can leave.

I'm interested why on Opera Android it works and on Opera Windows is not in both HTML5.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

My guess is that Opera for Android supports something that Opera for Windows doesn't, probably because the underlying OS supports it so that Opera gets it "for free".
lriuqs

Post by lriuqs »

Ok, thanks for support.

I will use chrome to watch.