Errors Occurring- .MKV files show as .MPG on TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
JoeNavyR6

Errors Occurring- .MKV files show as .MPG on TV

Post by JoeNavyR6 »

Been a long time UMS user and with any issues I've come across, a short search thru these forums and I usually figure out my issue. After over a week of this issue I can't find figure it out or find it here in the forums.
None of my MKV or MPG files play anymore; I just get "An error has occurred" and I select Skip or Stop. Skip goes thru the whole folder until it finds an AVI or MP4 file to play, or goes back to the previous menu if not.
All of my actual .MKV videos saved on the server show as .MPG on my TV (Samsung UN55JS8500). That's a new one for me.
Came off a deployment and updated the router which is used as a hub. Issues started there but nothing crazy, realized I updated the windows PC UMS uses and had some java and firewall issues. All was good. Then once the Wif tried to watch some shows or something is when I realized these issues. AVI and MP4 no issues. I'm hoping I'm just an idiot and it's a simple fix because it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for your time!
Joe
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug File
(371.39 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
valib
Developer

Re: Errors Occurring- .MKV files show as .MPG on TV

Post by valib »

Please try clean install of the UMS or delete the database because it seems to be corrupted. There are a lot of errors in the log.
JoeNavyR6

Post by JoeNavyR6 »

This is after 2 clean installs. Those errors all point to my MKV files, which aren't corrupted as UMS streams those same files to other devices with no problems, including a different Samsung TV in my bedroom. I also tried the .conf file of the bedroom TV with same results.
JoeNavyR6

Post by JoeNavyR6 »

Solved somehow... One of the very first things I tried was to "disable transcoding" for just those MKV files, and nothing was working. Now, just frustrated and f'ing around, I added mkv,MKV,Mkv,MKv,mKV,mkV to the skip list, now it skips the transcoding for my .mkv files and plays fine on my TV. Same errors come up in the UMS logs for all those files, but they play. Don't know which "skip" entry it accepts, but I don't care and now I'm not playing with it anymore. Happy spouse, happy house!
Thanks!