Suddenly cannot detect TV as a renderer

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
glazze

Re: Suddenly cannot detect TV as a renderer

Post by glazze »

The renderer is also on a wired connection, which is the part that's the most weird. The sad part is that I do not really know exactly what changed and when the relevant change happened. Since it actually worked last night after factory-resetting the router, Im inclined to believe that it is the router that's causing the issue. I'll try around and update if I get any breakthroughs. Thank you for the support so far, you've been very helpful :)
Nadahar

Re: Suddenly cannot detect TV as a renderer

Post by Nadahar »

One thing I've seen before on some (buggy) routers is that they seem to have some kind of memory leak in their state table or whatever it is, so that they need regular restarts to function properly. Such issues are most likely to be software bugs, not hardware errors (although nothing is absolute), which makes it kind of unlikely that it will just start happening without the software/firmware in the router being updated. In any case, it's quite easy to check for this particular problem: Simply restart the router (pull the power - wait 5 seconds and then plug it back in). If things work fine just after the router has been restarted and then stop working at some point later, you've pretty much found the culprit.