UMS cant recognize PS4

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nc297

UMS cant recognize PS4

Post by nc297 »

I have been using UMS for a very long time the same way as always, my ps4 is connected using a LAN cable to my router and every time i activated the media player on it UMS it recognized it without any problems.
for a few days now UMS no longer recognizes my ps4, and i haven't changed any of the settings on my ps4 nor on UMS. It is all connected as it always has been.
would love for some help to get it working again.
btw i must say i know nothing about networking and i have tried uninstalled UMS and re-install UMS without any luck.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(201.1 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
Mercury

Re: UMS cant recognize PS4

Post by Mercury »

Try to use Force IP of the Server and set your PC's IP address. It seems sometimes it doesn't update when your PC changes IP.
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

There are no search requests from PS4 in the log. Can you check the IP address on PS4? It should be in the same subnet as UMS (10.0.0.x).
nc297

Post by nc297 »

atamariya wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:04 pm There are no search requests from PS4 in the log. Can you check the IP address on PS4? It should be in the same subnet as UMS (10.0.0.x).
both the PS4 and the UMS are forced to the same IP of my PC and it still doesnt recognize it
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You can't use the same IP on multiple devices - if you do, you will have broken your network so that neither have network.
nc297

Post by nc297 »

Nadahar wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:31 am You can't use the same IP on multiple devices - if you do, you will have broken your network so that neither have network.
In which case what settings am i supposed to change in order for one of them to recognize the other?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm sorry, but I can't explain IP networking here. You can find tons of descriptions all around the internet. It isn't specific to UMS or UPnP.

Most people use a router with DHCP, which will assign IP addresses automatically to all devices on the local network. In that case, all you need to do is to set everything to "automatic". If you don't have DHCP available and configured, you'll need to assign addresses manually. They must be assigned so that they can route to the internet, and the most common way is to use one of the "private" IP ranges. You can then pick any IP address you want for any device, as long as they are within the same subnet as specified by the subnet mask.

What the address is doesn't matter as long as it's valid. It's like with street addresses, it doesn't matter what the address is as long as it uniquely identifies a house in a way that is understood by the postal service.