Unable to enable cache.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Skylion

Unable to enable cache.

Post by Skylion »

Whenever I hit enable cache, and try to scan the folders nothing happens, then when I hit reset cache, I get a bunch error on the Traces tab. Also, I had trouble with the program at first because the installer fails to give the program sufficient privileges to overwrite its own configuration file on Windows 7. Here is the debug log when I try to get the cache working. I was able to fix the first problem by running the program as administrator, even so I can't get the cache working. Attached is debug log with all the errors generated when I attempted to reset the cache.

EDIT: Error the extension .log is not allowed, nor is the .txt. Please have the moderator reply to this thread when that issue is fixed so I may upload the debug.log file, I'd rather not copy and paste it all here.

EDIT: I got the Enable Cache function working, its directly related to the problems with permissions on Windows. Please make sure the next installer grant users elevated privileges so that it doesn't have to be run in administrator every time you want to save changes to the config file.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Unable to enable cache.

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the feedback, Skylion. I will look into it :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Unable to enable cache.

Post by SubJunk »

Wow this is an old bug, it goes back to PMS 1.30. I'm narrowing it down now