UMS 9.3 "start with windows" (10) not working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
supermatico

UMS 9.3 "start with windows" (10) not working

Post by supermatico »

Hello, I'm just a new UMS 9 user, everything is fine but I found a problem (bug?) with it, when you want to start it with windows.
I know it's already discussed in other posts, but I found them or with missing infos or too general, that's the reason why I decide to raise a new post

So, if I check the box "Start with Windows" (its service not yet installed), it add a link into the startup folder, unfortunately IT DOESN'T WORK AT ALL (seems that Windows doesn't recognize its presence), I tried to add the option "Run as Admin", no changes: Windows starts, UMS not

So, unchecked the box "Start with Windows" and installed its service, it doesn't work until, in its Service properties/Recovery tab, you manually set in all three actions to be done if the service is not working, from "No action" to "Restart the service"

After the service is installed, anytime I need to modify any setting, before to open the UMS GUI, I have to go to the Windows services, stop its service, open the GUI, change settings, close the GUI, back to Windows Services and restart UMS Service
If I try to open the UMS GUI without stopping its service first, I have just the Welcome Screen displayed steady and nothing more (you already know, right?)

I don't think all of this should considered a normal behaviour for any program on the market (even the free ones), so I suppose there is a bug

I hope my info are enough to help the developers, otherwise feel free to contact me for any question nor testing: this latest version is the best program I never see since years, especially compared with ALL the others on the market so, I'll not abandon this app just for this "little" problem

debug.zip
Debug manually saved
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Win 10 Pro x64 22H2 - JAVA 8 b 351 - ASUS Prime Z270-A (BIOS 1302) - INTEL i5-7600K - NOCTUA NH-D15S - 16Gb RAM GSKILL TRIDENT X DDR4 @ 3600 MHz - GIGABYTE AORUS GTX1080 8Gb - SSD SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 500Gb