"Cannot play media" on PS4 after pausing or tracking ?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
BrysonParker

"Cannot play media" on PS4 after pausing or tracking ?

Post by BrysonParker »

Hello,

I used UMS with the PS4 Media Player. Videos play fine, however, I did notice when pausing a video, after trying to play again the video usually errors our saying "Media cannot be played." At this point I can play the video again from the menu and it will either start from the beginning or the part where I left off. If I have to start from the beginning, I can usually track to where I was in the video, but it either gives the same "media cannot be played" message or if it does play the video it is super choppy and laggy for a few seconds. I primarily use .mkv files.

Any thoughts on what the cause might be and how to fix it? I'm also running on some older hardware so that could be the culprit, but I want to see if there are any settings I could change or something wrong with my set up before I consider investing in newer hardware.

Thank you!
Nadahar

Re: "Cannot play media" on PS4 after pausing or tracking ?

Post by Nadahar »

This is unrelated to your hardware - UMS has several independent bugs related to pause/resume functionality.
mik_s

Re: "Cannot play media" on PS4 after pausing or tracking ?

Post by mik_s »

Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.